Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Flashing CEL 92 Loyale

So the CEL has started flashing on my 92 loyale, running or just ignition on. I connected the green connectors at the firewall, turned the ignition on, and get five pulses out of the ecu. But, I also get the same five pulses out of the ecu with the green connectors disconnected, ignition on. Any ideas?

There is a whole procedure to use the diagnostic connectors.  Simply connecting them does not do much.  It should be listed in a link somewhere, it's in the factory service manual.

To read an active code, you don't need to connect any.  The code is blinked on an LED visible through a hole on the ECU, which is covered by a plastic panel under the steering column.

The CEL does not blink the codes.

Thank you for the reply. I am aware that the cel does not blink the codes. I have am familiar with the procedure. However, as stated before, the check engine light is blinking. Upon trying to pull codes from the ecu under the dash, all I get is 5 long blinks. I cannot reference a code for this scenario, nor do I know why the CEL is blinking.

Edited by Brat78