Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 oil pump plug size of thread

Does anyone know the correct thread size and type of the larger plug on the EA82 oil pump exterior? Not after the smaller 1\8 inch taller in 28 threads per inch - the other larger one that is about 16 mm across its threads that not appear to be a taper. I have a brass fitting that is about 0.10 mm larger across the threads, looks close but won't screw in. I don't know correct size or thread count of brass fitting at hand. The factory plug has an 8 mm hex in it.thanks for any knowledgeable help????

And yet, it will thread into 3/8" NPT. Just give it a good wrap with teflon tape.

Here is my setup, EA pressure senders for gauge and light, (because both is best) T'd into a grease gun hose, running to the 1/8" port in top of the EJ:

36759379342_653c9fd09d_z_d.jpg

Been going 4 years now, not a drop.

The stainless tie wire is not to hold down, but to ground... cause they won't work if they aint grounded... duh.  :P

Love the ingenuity of the grease gun line! Andsrn....sure it's 19 threads per inch? I always thought the std senders for idiot light etc was 27 tpi but learned they are 28 tpi. My aftermarket Saas brand gauge sender unit uses the coarser 27 tpi taper, so trick is to buy fittings of the finer 28 tpi taper and run a 27 tpi taper tap through it. Works this way but legend has it can't make a finer 28 tpi taper tap through a 27 tpi taper hole. The plug I talk of in first post, thinking it is not taper. I have another ea82 with this port in use. Must investigate a bit more. Thanks guys n gals