Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My build "Trailbaru"

So it's been a long time since I have posted any update pictures of my car. My last build thread was months ago like when I finally got the car on the street and then the photo bucket thing came in and now that's ruined. Last few weeks usmb hasn't let any of my pictures upload so I gave up, but it seems as though now I can post some so here's a run down on what I've done so far.

1993 Subaru loyale Wagon

Picked up the car for $500, working ac, smashed back passenger window, cruise didn't work, alternator was 100% dead, check engine light but decently maintained and semi straight body with only a couple dents.

Drove the car home with dead alternator and took 2 batteries to get it home, replaced the alternator, got a maf and temp sensor and it passed smog.

So that's what I started with and as it sits current build list is:

Engine - fel pro gasket resealed EA82, new valve seals, and full valve job, new timing belts, maxima 90amp alternator conversion, new water pump, no thermostat for the summer, new radiator, flushed and cleaned cooling system, new spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, mechanical water temp fitted, mechanical fan swapped for high cfm electric fan run next to the stock fan via switch, optima yellowtop battery, and new accessory belts, custom exhaust tube snorkel, also have an air compressor mounted under the hood where the spare tire used to go

Transmission - new orielly clutch and swapped to the dual range transmission, new transmission mounts

Suspension/steering - stock with adf 2inch lift and front half inch crossmember spacers, new steering rack

Wheels/tires - 1992mazda b2600i aluminum 15 inch wheels redrilled with 205/75/15 general grabber tires

Bumpers - front bumper: removed covering and Styrofoam and welded a winch plate to the bottom with a 4700lbs champion winch (I have a full bull bar I am working on reinforcing the stock bumper and welding the bull bar to it and moving the winch plate up and behind the bull bar along with my rounds)

Rear bumper - 1/4inch steel hollow round bumper with factor bumper mounts welded on, doubles as an air tank.

Lights - 1 50 inch lightbar on the hood, 2 round hella offroad lights on the bumper, 2 rear pods on the rear rack, also followed bumblebeasts write up and did the relay swap for my windows and lights

Interior - stock but with aftermarket volt, mechanical oil pressure (not hooked up yet), and mechanical water temp gauges, led light strips on dome light and one in the rear hatch run off a switch by the hatch door, inverter up front next to lower dash, cb radio mounted under the glove box, replaced the rear smashed window

Roof rack - 1 lockbox containing air mattress, tent, blanket, pillow, and various little things, army Jerry can, standard gas can for my generator

Standard load out includes my harbor freight 900watt generator, a hilift jack (will be mounted to the roof rack this weekend) 2 piece shovel, 4drawer toolbox, crate of food, 2burner propane stove, Alice pack, 12gauge shotgun, 30-06 ruger rifle, ammo can, takedown recurve bow, 2 headlamps, 2 flashlights, repair book, clothes bag, 2 recovery straps, air hose for filling up tires with my compressor, handheld ham radio, various knives and such, more I'm probably forgetting.

• Like 1

Made it to the junkyard today, plan was to get a leggy steering knuckle, outback spacers, and pull this dual range out there. But heat was too much for me so I just got the center console since I never got the full thing. Hopefully I'll get up early enough tomorrow to score that spare dual range!

post-65130-0-13574900-1504383144_thumb.jpg

Made it to the junkyard, my lazy rump roast didn't get the shift linkage, but I got a new door handle and lock since my lock has been broken since I bought the car and was super hard to unlock. Also got the factory front dome lights, a spare dash clock, and the female plug end for the fog lights, which the switch is acting as my fan switch until I swap it with my rounds or turn my markers into turn signals and remove the turn signal for yellow fogs.

post-65130-0-05973300-1504582388_thumb.jpg

post-65130-0-49077400-1504582509_thumb.jpg

post-65130-0-59703500-1504582528_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lights all work, and put my dual battery in. I ended up using Bryan dudas' spot to mount it. Was getting very frustrated trying to find somewhere to fit a second battery on this car. Looked at his since it's the only loyale I know with a dbs. Need to build a hold down but it will works good

post-65130-0-44315800-1506959738_thumb.jpg

post-65130-0-60817500-1506959752_thumb.jpg

post-65130-0-79786800-1506959774_thumb.jpg

post-65130-0-15248700-1506959791_thumb.jpg

Not a good idea to use one lead/acid and one AGM battery.

One of them will be damaged over time.

You need 2 of the same type and amp rating.

But it looks good. Gotta love the DL quad light setup.

Yea the wet battery isn't staying. It's my old battery, originally it was going to be the second battery BUT since the only good way to mount a dual battery is sideways I swapped it out for the optima since it's gel. I plan on getting a second yellowtop or maybe a redtop since they're a little cheaper. Next step will be the power brick to run everything off my yellowtop, and I want to add 100-120amp inline fuses before and after the solenoid because safety. Question tho, I need side markers for the dl lights, do any 80s work or just 85-89? And along with that do you have any?

DL corner markers are specific to the DL quad setup.

I don't have any.

Saw 3 complete sets of em up here at the Albany, OR pic-n-pull.  that was several months ago though.  

If I had time and money, and a need for em, I would have grabbed em all but wasn't what I was there for that day.

• Like 1

DL corner markers are specific to the DL quad setup.

I don't have any.

Saw 3 complete sets of em up here at the Albany, OR pic-n-pull. that was several months ago though.

If I had time and money, and a need for em, I would have grabbed em all but wasn't what I was there for that day.

Dang, if you find any ill pay for them, the ones from the car I got the lights from were all cracked and broken and I'd rather run none than broken ones lol

• 2 months later...