Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Walmart motor oil

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 matt167

matt167

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Prattsville Ny

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

That oil was a cheaper product of Ashland ( made Valvoline until 2017, now just a chemical company ). The oil was sold to various places and had the ratings for 1988 standards IIRC. Some brands did mark it for vehicles made before 1988 and was actually popular because of it's ZDDP content for older cars.

I don't remember who is bottling WM oil currently. FWIW, Walmart supplies bottles to various suppliers to meet their demands when it comes to automotive fluids. This is why sometimes the washer fluids are slightly different colors.. The oil in the containers now might not be the same as 6 months ago. A WM employee can find out manufacture by scanning the barcode

#27 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,912 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Wal-Mart oil is currently bottled by Amalie Oil Company.

Edited by 86BRATMAN, 17 September 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#28 matt167

matt167

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Prattsville Ny

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

I forgot to update this. Walmart oil is bottled by Warren distribution at least in NY at this time.. That's according to the internal supplier information at my local walmart, from their inventory system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users