Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2006 Outback Pulling drivers door master door/window switch panel.

mtsmiths,

These two pdf files are from the 2006 OutBack Factory Service Manual. Read it carefully through a couple of times before you attempt. None of this stuff is hard to do, if you're used to wrenching on cars. Newer DIYer's need to slow it down and take care doing these kinds of things, to keep from breaking off various lock tabs and scarring up the plastic bits. Good Luck!

3 Power Window Control Switch.pdf

17 Door Trim.pdf

Thanks for the links, been dere, done dat, I feared as much ... just hoping against hope I could pop the thing out. zi'll get to it as soon as I get the BACK door back together for broken door handle. Living close to the ocean in the tropics is a bitch on cars!

mtsmiths,

I've wrenched on all kinds of cars over the years and many of them allow the power window switch assembly to be popped out of the door arm rest. Then there are the ones that you try that with, only to discover that the door panel must come off first, so you can remove the screws that hold the switch in place. Trying to pop thos off (the ones with the screws underneath) ends up breaking switch cases, and adds a whole new problem for you.

Having not had an 06 door panel apart before myself to know how subie did it on that year, I'd suggest going the cautious route, and check the back of the switch assembly in the door panel to see which applies .

Then again, maybe someone whose done it on that generation subie can jump in and say for sure.