Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

rear disc brake rattle....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:19 PM

okay, about 500 miles ago I put on new rotors/pads on the rears, and re-tightened the brake lines, as they were leaking a tad, and the pads were rattling.... seemed fine before. finally got my new tranny in, and took it for a sping, and the rattling is back. almost like they are loosing pressure. I don't see any brake line leaks.

any thoughts?

#2 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:34 PM

do you have the pad retaining shims in? the ones that are fitted around the caliper...?

#3 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:00 AM

don't think so. the set of rear discs I got had the pads with them, and no shims of any sort.... I neverreplaced the pads in the other vehicle I had with rear discs, so I never thought about it.....

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:42 AM

trashwagon did the same thing till i replaced the rotor. i thought maybe it was smacking the caliper bracket, thin solid rotor = warpage.

#5 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:53 AM

well, the master cyclinder was leaking between the MC and the booster, so I put a new MC on last night. will test it out this afternoon maybe :)

#6 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

It was the clips! theset of rear discs I put on, didn't have the clips with them,but luckily my extra set of rear discs had the clips. no place in town had them on hand. should be getting a new set tomorrow for my other set.

put 'em on, and nice quiet brakes finally :) I also got a chance to put on my new Rancho shocks. so I'mpretty much set now for the 4th of July parade....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users