Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear end help

I'm in the process of replacing rear bearings and axles right now and while trying to separate the passenger axle from the viscous lsd the male shaft came completely out of the housing and the c clip holding it in is broken. Is there a part number for the clip or should I just throw an open diff in the rear or will it be safe to drive temporarily? Also, how am I supposed to get the ends out of the dojs?

Edited by espey_16

I got the stub out of the driver rear relatively easy, the passenger is still giving me hell though. I have it hanging through a vice with a spair brake hub on it, hitting it with a 5lb mini sledge and it still won't budge.

Edited by espey_16

Heat and tranny fluid and more heat then more tranny fluid then tapper tap tap heat fluid heat fluid you dont have to hit it hard just fast solid blows over and over again the id3a is to vibrate the metal to the point that the tranny fluid can work its way in and the part should just fall out thats the idea any way