Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo project parts falling into place

So....this dropped in my lap the other day.  Friend was cleaning out his garage and his son left this and is done with subaru's now so.........it will go on a de-stroked Ej25d (2.2 crank and rods) using 96 hydro heads run by EJ22T ecu and harness.

37403084492_8dcd9c0500_b.jpgIMG_2652 by Dans Subaru, on Flickr

next on the list is an uppipe.

then turbo.....I've got a couple IHI VF from an EA82.    Rather find something newer like td04 but it's coming toghether.

What are you putting that in? I'm going the opposite direction stroking a ej22T closed deck block with a 2.5 crank and rods. I'm going to use a set of ej22E heads with delta cams with roller rockers. I have a TD04 to put on it which should be plenty for my 82 glf. I have a ej22T harness like you but i'm going with a early jdm wrx ecu with a ESL daughter board to tune it.

What are you putting that in? I'm going the opposite direction stroking a ej22T closed deck block with a 2.5 crank and rods. I'm going to use a set of ej22E heads with delta cams with roller rockers. I have a TD04 to put on it which should be plenty for my 82 glf. I have a ej22T harness like you but i'm going with a early jdm wrx ecu with a ESL daughter board to tune it.

What pistons are you using? I think the 22t pistons will be above the deck if you put them on the 2.5D rods. Do you know what you're compresion ratio is gonna be?

that's my reason for de-stroking......lower compression while also being better at spinning up the RPMs quickly.  Also the 25d has smaller rod bearings- no bueno  Might need to get some 257 pistons.

Mine will likely go into my 89 XT, as it's already got a turbo crossmember.  But it might see time powering my Rat Rod FWD 80 DL wagon.

What pistons are you using? I think the 22t pistons will be above the deck if you put them on the 2.5D rods. Do you know what you're compresion ratio is gonna be?

that's my reason for de-stroking......lower compression while also being better at spinning up the RPMs quickly.  Also the 25d has smaller rod bearings- no bueno  Might need to get some 257 pistons.

Mine will likely go into my 89 XT, as it's already got a turbo crossmember.  But it might see time powering my Rat Rod FWD 80 DL wagon.

I haven't set all the details in stone yet because of the machine work that is needed. I'm going to go with a set of JE pistons. I have the case halves prepped to go to bearing services to be bored over, line bored, and i'm thinking about getting the thrust bearings relocated.