Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Brat

Dear all,

I'm working on the bodyshell of my 1993 Brat.... A lot of work, but not too much.

The shell is in good condition but to do it perfect as my other cars, it will take a lot of hours!

I contacted Giles Walker for some parts, I suppose he will give me a good support!

What are the common modifications to do on the Brat?

Is it possible to use a 5 speed Gearbox?

Best regards from Luxembourg

Marc

Yes, you can use an EA82 5spd DR tranny and keep your stock center console. You'll need the tranny, flywheel, clutch, shifter & linkages and the two piece driveline (propshaft) from a donor car. You'll have to weld in mounts for the center support of the two piece driveline or you can skip getting the two piece and have a longer one piece driveline made. You have to grind a notch in the bottom of the engine bell housing for the flywheel to fit. Jerry (Bratsrus), here on the board sells a kit for the rest of the install. If you don't do the kit, you'll have to fab all your mounts, linkages and the shifter mount so they will match up to your holes in the center console.

Edited by skishop69