Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What gearbox is this?

Came across an ad for a complete drive train for an older Subaru. The seller isn't sure witch model it came from but says he thinks that it's from an 88 model Leone, probably sedan or wagon. But could anyone identify the gerbox? Dual range or pushbutton?

post-32803-0-85304600-1508776104_thumb.jpg 

Thanks for your help :) Didn't think it could be EA81 stuff. We got the Brat new from the dealers up to 1992 or 93, so the parts is most likely from a Brat.

I want to swap the sad 3AT i my 87 sedan with a dual range, but those aren't easy to find over here.

yes, I agree., reasons just sold one like it yesterday and was from my 89 Brumby, EA82 gearboxes clutch fork is more central. this pictured is more to one side, and it either looks like a flywheel is stashed inside the engine blocks bellhousing half [never seen them packaged like this] and the EA81 rear crank seal is housed in this housing and this is what it really looks like

yes, I agree., reasons just sold one like it yesterday and was from my 89 Brumby, EA82 gearboxes clutch fork is more central. this pictured is more to one side, and it either looks like a flywheel is stashed inside the engine blocks bellhousing half [never seen them packaged like this] and the EA81 rear crank seal is housed in this housing and this is what it really looks like

Noticed that when I first saw the ad. The engine was probably toasted and someone then used the bellhousing to hold the flywheel in with the gearbox