Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ever See A Rear Strut Do This

I ended up replacing both of the rears. Found some almost new ones on a donor car. Guy had them on the car long enough to do a 50 lap endro race. Wish he had rear disk brakes too.

I did a check online to see if my Ruby had any open recalls. But she came back clean. Maybe I should call the dealer to double-check. I like free warranty work. Lol.

I see lots of rusted out parts break. You think that's scary look up pics of the rear cross members rusting out on Subarus. Control arms rusting out on Kia's, toyotas, Chevys, Dodge.

Speaking of Toyotas, frame rust recall on the Tundra and Tacoma pickups in the mid 2000 range. Frames literally snapped in half from rust on some trucks that were not even ten years old at the time.

Oh you'd be way past the warranty on those anyway. 

And yea, I had a 2000 outback, this was the subframe

2i3IQdqh.jpg

Mine isn't that rusted out yet. Lol. But it's very rusty. The underneath of her is almost rust free. Just everything bolted to her is rusted. Looks like everything is still stock. She only has 110,500ish miles. Not bad for a car that's 18 years old.