Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fixing door of 2014 Subaru Outback Legacy 2014

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lunagurl2000

Lunagurl2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bremerton

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

I have replaced doors on a couple of cars in the past (All other car Types). It's my first time working with a Subaru. A friend of mine wants me to replace the rear right side door. This question may sound stupid... but, can you use different year doors from this model to replace it?

#2 idosubaru

idosubaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 23,429 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

Yep. As long as it’s the same generation (style door), there’s usually 4 or 5 years of models that all work.

It’s like - couple bolts and the hinge pin and electrical connector. Very easy.

I think 2010 was a new model year so somewhere around 2010-2014 should work - but verify the exact starting and ending years first, I’m just guessing.

Verify generation (what years work) and color match. Ideally you use the color code as sometimes Subaru has changed colors mid-generation or there’s a White and Pearl White. But that rarely happens.

Legacy and Outback may or may not interchange. I’ve done it before on older models and it works but sometimes the cladding or pin striping is slightly different. And I don’t know if newest gen leg and outback are still interchangeable for certain. The junk yard database should tell you.

Then you swap away. You can transfer interior panels to match. Install old interior panel on new door so you don’t have to worry about matching interiors.

Edited by idosubaru, 24 October 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#3 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Silver Subscribers
  • 3,243 posts
  • North Central Wisconsin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

www.car-part.com is your friend in cases like this... input the year & model of what you have & the part you are looking for, and it will return compatible items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users