Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fixing door of 2014 Subaru Outback Legacy 2014

Lunagurl2000

I have replaced doors on a couple of cars in the past (All other car Types). It's my first time working with a Subaru. A friend of mine wants me to replace the rear right side door. This question may sound stupid... but, can you use different year doors from this model to replace it?

Yep. As long as it’s the same generation (style door), there’s usually 4 or 5 years of models that all work.

It’s like - couple bolts and the hinge pin and electrical connector. Very easy.

I think 2010 was a new model year so somewhere around 2010-2014 should work - but verify the exact starting and ending years first, I’m just guessing.

Verify generation (what years work) and color match. Ideally you use the color code as sometimes Subaru has changed colors mid-generation or there’s a White and Pearl White. But that rarely happens.

Legacy and Outback may or may not interchange. I’ve done it before on older models and it works but sometimes the cladding or pin striping is slightly different. And I don’t know if newest gen leg and outback are still interchangeable for certain. The junk yard database should tell you.

Then you swap away. You can transfer interior panels to match. Install old interior panel on new door so you don’t have to worry about matching interiors.

Edited by idosubaru