Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Funny Story

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shortbus

shortbus

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Apollo Beach, FL

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

So I'm unpacking some stuff in my living room the other night and out of the corner of my eye I see a set of headlights back up in front of the driveway, I look outside and see a Brat targa stripe and my first thought is somebody's stealing mine. I run outside and right when I'm about to yell out "what the **** are you doing!" I notice that my baby's still safe and sound in the driveway! Turns out this guys daughter lives in the neighborhood and he was just dropping her off when he saw my Brat. This was the first person I'd actually met with one (I waved at another one once). He was a real nice guy who'd just bought the Brat (a pretty much rust-free '86) and said he's just in love with them now. Whats even funnier is that I'd talked to him almost a year ago (about something unrelated) while I was working at my old job and on top of that he said he applied for a job at the place I'm working now. Talk about a small world... Anyways, just thought I'd share...

#2 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:59 PM

Hmmmmmm, Funny??? Maybe.....or a stalker!!!!!! I know what you mean about the rare other Brat owner. Tim

#3 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:52 AM

yeah, brats are kinda rare... but not as rare as XTs. I've seen way more brats then them. or Gen I anythings. those are rare in these parts too.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

I see a LOT more XT's Jon. I see a couple a day. A Brat is still a rare sighting...... wait - no it isn't - I have my own. HAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone wants a Brat - seems they are getting *more* popular. I stopped by Nicky Nighteyes place yesterday (smack in the heart of the ghettooooo), and got comments from his friends and neighbors. And mine has three shades of blue panels, and body damage!

GD

#5 nicky nighteyes

nicky nighteyes

top billin'

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Berkeley

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:23 AM

on that note, there is an XT parked right down the street from my place. I would say BRATs are rarer.

#6 subarubrat

subarubrat

Duty Honor Country

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, think about it, 17 years after they went out of production we have more of a community and things such as lift kits, 6 lug swaps, Tcases, etc. that we never even imagined back when they were new. When I had my 86 back in the day, I would have never imagined that we could actually have what we have today. But they are RARE out here. I have seen 3 in 4 years of living here. One beater, one in good shape as a mail truck, and one clean on that some old man drives and he has no clue as to what he owns, he just owns it.

#7 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:28 AM

I think the guy is a Stalker......and as long as you have the brat you will be followed by him.

My advice would be to sell me the Brat and save yourself a headache:banghead:

In all the Junk yards here, there are no Brats but there are XT's.

Glenn,
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#8 shortbus

shortbus

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Apollo Beach, FL

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

Ditto with the junkyards here, I've yet to see a Brat but there are usually 5-6 XT's everytime I go. Speaking of the XT how well do they handle (minus the air suspension thing). I miss having something to take on the twisty backroads and was thinking I might try to pick one up as a project. I've seen a few pics of some on SCCA track days but never really heard much else about them.

#9 shortbus

shortbus

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Apollo Beach, FL

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:03 PM

Sorry, this was a duplicate post, not sure how to delete it.

#10 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:56 PM

i want a brat, soo bad it hurts sometimes

#11 beachbum

beachbum

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members