Ultimate Subaru Message Board

As I did the brakes on my Ruby. Pads, rotors and calipers. Plus all new bolts. (Mind you, the guy who sold her to me said they did brakes all around.) Well he only did a pad slap cause the caliper bracket bolts were stripped and one what broken.

post-68480-0-97083800-1509244670_thumb.jpgpost-68480-0-72274100-1509244709_thumb.jpg

Had to cut the bolt that was left and hammer the bracket with the rotor off as one assembly.

Word of advice, never take anyone's word when it come to buying a used car on the side of the road. I'm glad I came along to save this girl from the hard life she had.

• Like 1

Looks like the wheel bearing ate it and the rotor was dragging on the caliper bracket. Rotor was the cheapest part to replace yet... It wasn't

I don't take anyone's word on what they replaced when I check over a car. Don't care what they say their mechanic did either. Can't count how many cars I've worked on with loose, bent, broken, missing parts or just plain hack-job work done by a previous "mechanic".

• Like 1

Looks like the wheel bearing ate it and the rotor was dragging on the caliper bracket. Rotor was the cheapest part to replace yet... It wasn't

I'm sure that was the case with that rotor. I just said the heck with and a replaced the wheel bearing, hub, caliper w/bracket, pads, rotors, bolts and other hardware. Plus flushed the brake system. Figured I'd replace everything while I was in there and found more hack work someone else did.

The day I went to look at Ruby, it was raining like a bi#*h. And to be honest, I was more concerned with rust on the undercarriage and body more than anything.(I can do more mechanical work then body work). I can't complain. I only paid $300 for her. She only has 110,500ish miles.

she has a valid Maine State Inspection. I've had her for two months and have done rear strut assembly's, front pads, rotors, calipers, hubs, wheel bearings. I've got about $300 worth of parts on her as of now. And still have more to do, plus some things I want to upgrade.