Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coil overs on a brat?

dude just cut your springs or spend $1000000.00 i think you can adjust the rear ride hight with a socket but ive never had a brat so im just taking a guess but its just a ea81 so i would asume it works just like the rest of them your gona run in to camber issues also and its not adjustable so you have to figure it out on your own

OP, you are best posting in early gen as this section is for 1979 or later (82 or later for BRAT). That said, you will need to look at making your own coilovers. The main advantage is you can adjust the camber. I know a guy in Queensland who makes them for his gen 2 Brumby (BRAT), but the basic concept should be the same (I'm assuming gen 1's have essentially the same front suspension).

(Don't cut your springs, that is a ghetto solution).

For the rears, ferp420 is partially correct. You can adjust up/down by about 30mm from memory by adjusting the bolt sitting under the car, basically behind the seats. For more extreme drops you can `clock' your axles and then adjust using the bolt previously mentioned to get the right stance.