Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fuel pump wiring diagram for 79 Brat?

fuel pump wiring BRAT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JRLeone

JRLeone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • New London, Ct

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

My fiance has a '79 Brat that was left to her, and it's having a fueling issue. That is, it was running fine then sat for several years. I put a new battery in it and nothing. If I hot wire the fuel pump it comes on. All I have been able to find is something stating that the alternator sends signal to the voltage regulator which then tells the pump to kick on. I cannot find an actual wiring diagram. It had a new alternator and regulator just before storage; it has another new regulator and the alternator was tested as being good. Tested twice, actually. Nobody can tell me if there is a relay or something, and as I said, I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere. Does anybody out there have one? Or have any ideas? It would be most appreciated as she is most vocal about this being running ASAP. I should also note that I have power at the fuse.

Thank you!

#2 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,207 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

There is no relay.(other than the one internal to the reg.)

Pump and choke are powered off the "H" terminal of the voltage regulator w/alt. spinning.

If you have power at the choke,you should have it at the pump.

Reg." A" terminal should be always powered.

F terminal should be powered w/ignition on.

E should be grounded

The original electromechanical regulators are subject to corrosion of the contact points and sticking armatures.

Current replacements are fully electronic.

#3 JRLeone

JRLeone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • New London, Ct

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Thank you for the assist; the regulator is new so it is fully electronic. I will go through and check all the grounds I can find, I didn't see any letters for the terminals on the plug of the regulator though but I will break out the test light yet once more! At least now I have somewhere to start, and I know what to look for!

#4 skinny664521903

skinny664521903

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • houston

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:44 AM

Howdy I am having similarish issues. How do I know which wires are the a,h,f,and e terminals? Also you can find the wiring diagrams  here. They are a tad bit different then my haynes manual and im not sure whats correct.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel pump, wiring, BRAT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users