Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help! Ea81 wont turn over.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 Jaysus

Jaysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Grants pass Oregon

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

So what now ? The coil is new .. Accel pro stock .

#52 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,688 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

Try a factory coil and make sure your negative terminal on the coil isn't grounded. Also, your distributor could be 180* out of rotation. Try pulling it, rotating it 180* and sliding it back in. If you can, snap a pic of the coil wiring setup, and label where you have everything running. Twitch

#53 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

If the dizzy is 180 degrees out just swap the plug wires around...

#54 Jaysus

Jaysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Grants pass Oregon

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

Try a factory coil and make sure your negative terminal on the coil isn't grounded.Also, your distributor could be 180* out of rotation. Try pulling it, rotating it 180* and sliding it back in.If you can, snap a pic of the coil wiring setup, and label where you have everything running.Twitch

So I put the coil it came with back on it.Everything is as it was when I first got it and it ran .. I don't think I'm getting fuel into the carb.. i mean it's flowing from the fuel line and the looking glass on the side of carb fills up but when I manually pull throttle on carb I can't see gas pouring from anywhere .. and it doesn't smell like gas when I've been,trying,tk start it for a bit . . like it's not flooding . How do I make sure the negative terminal in the coil isn't grounded?

#55 Jaysus

Jaysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Grants pass Oregon

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

I pulled the #1 spark plug and out my finger over the hole til I felt air push out then hand cranked it the short distance rest of the way to line up the flywheel to the zero degree mark . the Rotor on my distributor is pointing at the #1 wire position on the cap which is between 12 and 1 o'clock if you're standing in front of the car looking towards the rear. The dizzy I have in it has a black and a blue wire coming out of it .. I have another one that has a red and a white wire coming from it, but looks like the module thing that the one in the car has in it, is missing . Or it wasn't made to need one? idk. Also have another carb . Same brand as the one in my car but looks like it has less going on on the outside . I have that one completely disassembled as I just cleaned it and am gonna try and do a mechanical conversion so the secondary opens more like a Webber

Edited by Jaysus, 11 December 2017 - 09:52 PM.

#56 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

I'm so confused at this point... Do you have spark or not??? If you don't, you need to track that down first.

#57 Jaysus

Jaysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Grants pass Oregon

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

No spark

#58 Jaysus

Jaysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Grants pass Oregon

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 PM

my buddy here was a quart or 2 low on oil so i,figured he can have some of mine since I ain't using it and it's all new oil I just put in there.. popped the oil plug off and what looks like water and smells like gas came pouring out!! Wtf!? And just last night i noticed a nice puddle of gas on the driver side about where the driver door and the back driver side door meet.

#59 Jaysus

Jaysus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Grants pass Oregon

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 PM

What's happening here . Id imagine this has something to do with it not starting lol

Edited by Jaysus, Yesterday, 03:22 PM.

#60 DaveT

DaveT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 3,526 posts
  • Colchester

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Gas leaks further back, find and repair, just because fire hazard.

Gas mixed in the crankcase?  If you crank long enough, enough times without firing, you could eventually get enough by the rings to be noticeable.

Not a good idea to be trying to run an engine that low on oil, even if it was good oil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users