Ultimate Subaru Message Board

10 Impreza can't adjust seat

Can you provide a picture of the connector?

Get yourself a mirror and a flashlight and you should be able to see where the mate is for that connector. It's impossible to see under there otherwise.

I "disabled" my motorized seat one time after some overzealous cleaning.

Another possibility would be a passenger in the rear seat sticking their feet under the driver's seat and disconnecting the cable.

Once you visualize where it goes the trick will be to reattach it essentially by feel.

There may also be a connector to the side airbag so BE VERY CAREFUL while monkeying around in there or better yet disconnect the battery first.

Edited by brus brother

If your seat is like my 92 Legacy then you’ll find a post I just put up not long ago on this subject.

There’s a hard wire - very thin metal rod - which carries the pull of the handle you grab over to the opposite side seat rail release. That metal wire/rod needs to be replaced. You can use a flexible wire if you don’t have a stiff one. Pair of pliers and some patience and you can do it without removing the seat.