Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel problem

I changed the fuel pump and I know that it works because when I disconnect the line and bypass the fuel relay it pumps fuel. So I changed the fuel relay because I wasn't getting fuel while the key was turn or cranked or anything. So I replaced it and still nothing changed. No fuel will pump without bypassing.

If it's a carburetor, it will have an odd shaped metal air cleaner case on top of the carb..

If it's SPFI, the rubber boot on top of the throttle body should have SPFI embossed in the rubber, and the air cleaner is a box on the fender, side opposite the battery.

MPFI I haven't seen, they were not common.

Turbo, well, there is a turbo somewhere near the engine.

Alternate  - take a picture of what's under the hood, and post it.

I'm not sure. I replaced it with one of the ones that said it would it. It is a spectra premium and now that I read the fine print yes it says carb model but on the website it says fits my vehicle. Didn't see that carb identification tho. There's other I can buy for fuel injection. So that would be the problem then? Hopefully

I'm not sure. I replaced it with one of the ones that said it would it. It is a spectra premium and now that I read the fine print yes it says carb model but on the website it says fits my vehicle. Didn't see that carb identification tho. There's other I can buy for fuel injection. So that would be the problem then? Hopefully

• Like 1