Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mizpah wants your cores!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jono

jono

Reader and writer

• Members
  • 1,494 posts
  • Southern Hemisphere - AUS

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

I have bought reconditioned HVLA's from Mizpah Precision Mfg Inc on your recommendations in here.

Very happy with product and service.

I spoke to the owner just now regarding another set for my next build.

He has no cores to be able to just send more out to people like me not so close - I am 'down under' hanging off the globe by sheer luck I think.

I guess to save Phil from going broke buying all the dormant hvlas in the US contact him before going to the trouble

mizpah@paulbunyan.net

11522 Bartlett Avenue
Mizpah MN 56600

I think a lifter weighs 80 to 100 grams per lifter. So max of 3oz each?

Join the search
Phil is willing to pay for your old cores. He was offering me $US2 a core to help offset postage

It sounds like it is time for the Subaru community to rummage sheds for those old EA82 cores, get your hands dirty to retrieve them and send them in....better than cash for scrap cans huh?

#2 ferp420

ferp420

im not a typer

• Members
  • 1,041 posts
  • soggy lake california

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

If i give up my cores then i wont have them when i need to have them rebuilt ea82 parts are getting hard to find im not giving up anything till im done with the ea82 i havent been hording  parts cause they look good

#3 idosubaru

idosubaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 23,479 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

i havent been hording  parts cause they look good

HA HA HA!!! 

if i cared about signatures i'd quote that for awhile. 

#4 jono

jono

Reader and writer

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:17 PM

I should have a heap given the engine mount count in hoard....eight sets, then found another so tossed two sets.

I have several lifters stuck in heads and do not follow instructions found here. They are stuck fast.

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 10,478 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

hmmm

I got a fews sets and no plans for building another EA82.

#6 jono

jono

Reader and writer

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Gloyale is the sort we need! All those others who bag out EA82 ( not at all suggesting Gloyale does this) and have these bits kicking about you are who we need to help those like me sticking to the EA platform.

I think I tossed a huge number thinking can just buy new ones but the metals used in new one apparently not the same as Fuji used.

I also like the idea of someone taking some care to reco them more than someone or thing in a far away Chinese factory...

#7 jono

jono

Reader and writer

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

Well, had to pull one apart didn't I?

I had a few stuck in a few heads and while I had my split press plate out used a couple bolts to pull most out in o e piece

But, a pair decided to hold on so tight I busted the hvla top cap and the guts came out.

Maybe this time I will remember....there is no rubber seal in these things!

Just a plunger and its spring and down below a ball bearing in its retainer and small spring

So what does a recondition involve, just a clean out?

Must be some long change intervals to gunk these babies up over the years.

I found my set to send all the way to Mizpah ...yeehah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users