Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mizpah wants your cores!

jono

I have bought reconditioned HVLA's from Mizpah Precision Mfg Inc on your recommendations in here.

Very happy with product and service.

I spoke to the owner just now regarding another set for my next build.

He has no cores to be able to just send more out to people like me not so close - I am 'down under' hanging off the globe by sheer luck I think.

I guess to save Phil from going broke buying all the dormant hvlas in the US contact him before going to the trouble

mizpah@paulbunyan.net

11522 Bartlett Avenue

Mizpah MN 56600

I think a lifter weighs 80 to 100 grams per lifter. So max of 3oz each?

Join the search

Phil is willing to pay for your old cores. He was offering me $US2 a core to help offset postage

It sounds like it is time for the Subaru community to rummage sheds for those old EA82 cores, get your hands dirty to retrieve them and send them in....better than cash for scrap cans huh?

I should have a heap given the engine mount count in hoard....eight sets, then found another so tossed two sets.

I have several lifters stuck in heads and do not follow instructions found here. They are stuck fast.

Gloyale is the sort we need! All those others who bag out EA82 ( not at all suggesting Gloyale does this) and have these bits kicking about you are who we need to help those like me sticking to the EA platform.

I think I tossed a huge number thinking can just buy new ones but the metals used in new one apparently not the same as Fuji used.

I also like the idea of someone taking some care to reco them more than someone or thing in a far away Chinese factory...

Well, had to pull one apart didn't I?

I had a few stuck in a few heads and while I had my split press plate out used a couple bolts to pull most out in o e piece

But, a pair decided to hold on so tight I busted the hvla top cap and the guts came out.

Maybe this time I will remember....there is no rubber seal in these things!

Just a plunger and its spring and down below a ball bearing in its retainer and small spring

So what does a recondition involve, just a clean out?

Must be some long change intervals to gunk these babies up over the years.

I found my set to send all the way to Mizpah ...yeehah