Ultimate Subaru Message Board

your approach and departure angles

scalman

yes outback is not best from subarus for those . Its long car it has long nose and long back bumper too. good thing they just plastic ones and not braking so easily. 

some lift and bigger tires helps there sure. so i put some 2'' spacers and 215/65 R16 tires . after that i have now about 10.2' / 26cm ground cleareance in middle. its little more in rear and little less in front were skid plate is . 

so after couple trips in forest and every time i got my front bumper dragged or its hooked on something and then wants to rip off situations, i thought of just cut half of it and put there at least some kind of skid plate.

now all is much better for front. and still legal even on my streets. 

AzefoUR.jpg

measured angle without skid plate

m9vLXYd.jpg

abWmdRU.jpg

looks cool too

and i can do now that .. 

OYyxIr7.jpg

later tested it how it goes. 

7cxH7lJ.gif

and yes rear bumper now goes into way but somehow still manages. i saw people cut rear bumper some too that lower part but for most parts now i don't have any problem with places i go.

i changed rear muffler and tried to put it as much deep inside that space as i could. so now its almost flat with bumper form. 

duno what more could be done with those outback models without going too much extreme and keeping as much original look of car as its possible. 

i guess  as imprezas are shorter so they better for those angles and lift. and foresters some better too. 

now as i think of rear bumper its not so much problem that it hits something , but problem is that its shape like hook and its hooks unto anything, mostly it will dig all mud or dirt inside itself because its just open for digging in that part. if it would be closed there it wouldn't be a problem .

XLjacBk.jpg

it really feels like your rear bumper is this thing

20110630125500-1.jpg

so what your angles ?

Edited by scalman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...