Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea81 5 speed swap stumped

No so the spline for the clutch is a 24 tooth count and the thickness is 7/8" not the the standard 1 inch. Every where I go and order up parts I can't find the right one. It still 4wd dual rang but it might be 1984.5 and probably discontinue in 1985

Edited by Pnwea81berk

No so the spline for the clutch is a 24 tooth count and the thickness is 7/8" not the the standard 1 inch. Every where I go and order up parts I can't find the right one. It still 4wd dual rang but it might be 1984.5 and probably discontinue in 1985

There were no Pre-ea82 4wd 5-spds.  All 5spd 4wd trans had the 1" input.

Sounds like you have a FWD 5-spd or  4-spd 4wd.

As installed in the car, is the clutch fork on the drivers side or hte passenger side of the bellhousing?  And is there for sure a rear output directly out of the tail of the trans?  

Edited by Gloyale

Another way of looking at it is where the clutch throw out bearing slides, is it integrally cast as part of the bell housing and in alloy or is it a rustable metal that bolts to the bell housing?

And where the shift mechanism exits the box what's it look like?

Who is telling you the specs of gearbox input shaft measures and spline counts?

Spline counting is usually expressed by number of teeth on the male member not the female of the friction plate