Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Adventure Wedge 91' XT6

AKghandi

This will be the build log for my new XT6

I just bought 2 XT6s one is parts and one will be a builder. The parts car is an 87 and the driver is a 1991 parts car is stick and the driver is auto.

The plan so far is to first fix and clean the driver. The rear window is broken so that's the first step. And since the window has been broken for almost a decade the interior is shot. The parts car interior is actually pretty nice so I'll be swapping that.

Long term will include the standard offroad goodies. lift, tires, lights, winch, snorkle.

Not sure how I will be lifting it yet, and not sure which trans I will be going with.

Lift; either outback struts front and accord/4runner in the rear with crossmember drop, not sure if the camber/castor will work. or standard ea82  2" lift.

Trans; dual range swap, I have all the parts. or outback 4.44 4eat swap. From reading it wouldn't be that hard to switch bell housings and wire it.

I will also have a 5 lug swap for sale soon. to help fund this escapade

No pics right now it was dark when I brought the first one home. I still need to get the other one. which will be in a week or so.

• 5 months later...

Not much to update as of yet, started pulling the interior, i plan to replace everything from the dash back. But before I do that I'm going to get the floors patched. 

I did get a set of wheels and tires, 235/75r15s on cherokee basket weave rims. I'll be using adapters to make them bolt up.

I also have decided to do the car in a RC car motif.

The car also wasnt running right, after swapping a few parts from the parts car I think I found the culprit in a bad CTS

I have 2 cars i'll be selling soon to fund this so things will pick up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a bunch of parts in the mail. 

bA8pfX.jpg

Pulled the carpet out of the parts car so I could get a look at the floors, thankfully they are in much much better shape so I will be able to swap them over.

eMDoMW.jpg

There is still some minor rust through, but only in small spots that I should be able to fix. The important mounting points are still solid.

2jZRhO.jpg

right now I am waiting on a spot weld drill bit to show up so I can get it pulled apart and start patching the floor before I weld it into the other car.

• 2 months later...