Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm looking to do a lot of stuff to my 96 Legacy and i need to know how interchangeable the parts are from the mid 90's model imprezas and legacys as far as custom parts go. I've seen inside of both and they look almost identicle, but it'd be nice to hear some second or third opinions :D

BTW, the reason i ask is that there seems to be an awful lot of parts available for the imprezas but not many for the legacys

Yeah, that's a tricky one. The Imp is essentially a Legacy with a shorter wheel base, but some things are slightly different anyway.

Most suspension mods will work, but might require a small amount of customization.

Wheels are straight over, and brake componets mount up the same.

You will have to take each case separately. I think exhaust is the only area that is a no go, you will need bespoke parts for that.

Yeah, that's a tricky one. The Imp is essentially a Legacy with a shorter wheel base, but some things are slightly different anyway.

Most suspension mods will work, but might require a small amount of customization.

Wheels are straight over, and brake componets mount up the same.

You will have to take each case separately. I think exhaust is the only area that is a no go, you will need bespoke parts for that.

What about engine mods?