Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Az Brat And Some Small Things To Fix/ Questions For You Guys

Well its finally here my AZ. Brat... Picked it up tonight with very little light left... Paint is faded some but that was expected from a sun beaten car from AZ....

It seems the alternator is going... Volts are showing 18 volts pegged and the needle drops sometimes down.. The idiot lights are lighting up as well as the following dash light indicators " Stop Lamp emergency brake light " and a EGR light was lit.

So do you guys think, because the alternator voltage regulator is shot that the other idiot lights are lit up????

And I guess it needs a new EGR thinger right???

Dash is cracked as I saw in the auction but the ac seems strong and its a strong runner all the way home.. No noises except possibly the failing alternator nosie..

The key for a 60K Brat was really worn.. But the AZ title from two years ago showed 55K when the last owner purcahsed it... The key makes me wonder as to why it is so worn... Things that make ya go HMMMMMMM. But no rust that I can see thank god and seems to be a strong runner.... Cant wait to see it in the day light better to examine her.... I need a new ant so I guess a hatch ant will work....

Well its finally here my AZ. Brat... Picked it up tonight with very little light left... Paint is faded some but that was expected from a sun beaten car from AZ....

It seems the alternator is going... Volts are showing 18 volts pegged and the needle drops sometimes down.. The idiot lights are lighting up as well as the following dash light indicators " Stop Lamp emergency brake light " and a EGR light was lit.

So do you guys think, because the alternator voltage regulator is shot that the other idiot lights are lit up????

And I guess it needs a new EGR thinger right???

Dash is cracked as I saw in the auction but the ac seems strong and its a strong runner all the way home.. No noises except possibly the failing alternator nosie..

The key for a 60K Brat was really worn.. But the AZ title from two years ago showed 55K when the last owner purcahsed it... The key makes me wonder as to why it is so worn... Things that make ya go HMMMMMMM. But no rust that I can see thank god and seems to be a strong runner.... Cant wait to see it in the day light better to examine her.... I need a new ant so I guess a hatch ant will work....

You came all the way from P.A. to get brat WOW thats one trip i wont make again. moved here from poconos 2 years ago love the rust free soobs! wish i knew you where coming i no a couple of great j/y here with good parts!

Do a search for EGR Reset on here, that light comes on every 60K miles automatically. Its 2 plugs under the dash that you switch for a moment then plug back in.

YES on the alternator causing those symptoms..REPLACE ASAP.

I have to get pics.. There was actually two red brats on ebay around the same time period.. One was from Nevada and mine from AZ.. The really mint one that was garaged kept went for 6100 but had 160K.. Mine has 62K but has dings and the paint is chipped and so on... But I washed it and it shinned up nice....

Cole, where's the pics? Do you still have the link to the auction? Is it the super nice red one that was on there a while ago?