Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help Please,Longtime member needsAdvice on 2005 H6

The Transmission coolant line actually popped out of bottom of radiator.I have tried numerous times and cannot reinstall. I can stick pinky into opening and feel the threads inside radiator, but it feels like the fitting inside pushes away and I cannot start threads.Any ideas wiould be greatly appreciated!Thanks

This was A R title vehicle Ive had for 4years and no issues.the line popped out about 100 yards from my home.I thought maybe when they reassembled the front end that they may have not tightened it up all the way.I am not familiar with how the inside of radiator holds the female side of fitting in place,I didnt think that part would move.

I have no idea if tranny will still function properly if I replace radiator.

I thought maybe when they reassembled the front end that they may have not tightened it up all the way.

I am not familiar with how the inside of radiator holds the female side of fitting in place,I didnt think that part would move.

I have no idea if tranny will still function properly if I replace radiator.

Why wouldn’t the transmission still function? It should be fine unless it was run and revved chaotically after the line broke and ran out of fluid.

Can you post a picture or a link to a picture of this fitting?

There’s a metal cylinder with two fittings inside the radiator plastic tank. This cylinder lays unseen in the ATF inside that plastic tank. Those fittings pass through the plastic tank and are tightened via the nut on the outside.

Are you saying this one is threaded on the inside?

If you remove the radiator you might have easier access.

You could repair this by removing the radiator. Then carefully prying up all the metal tabs and separating the bottom tank from the core. Then repair or replace the cooling lines.

But no one except the most practically obsessed or who’s time is worth about 5 cents per hour does this.

The metal fittings in the radiator should never move or come loose. That never happens. If it was damaged during the accident they should have just replaced the radiator. Those fittings integrated into the radiator and aren’t typically repaired or replaced or ever touched. Maybe it was bent and they bent it back into position and fatigues the metal and it sheared off. Maybe they did some nonstandard repair?

• 2 weeks later...