Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oil feed to turbo custom line material?

jono

I went to a hose joint to ask about a custom oil supply line to be made from oil pump to turbo banjo for my ea81 idea

They suggested a banjo on the end of teflon hose encased in stainless steel braiding. Said teflon is good for up to 200 degrees C

OK oil temp should bnever get that hot, but surely the turbo core the banjo bolts into gets hotter than 200, like triple ?

I reckon it might fail, so queried and got the "I'm a fitter and turner, not a mechanic" reply

What have others done for custom turbo feed pipes other than metal ? I have seen an EJ turbo in a beetle and he had what looked like steel braided something to turbo with a junction for oil pressure switch

Did not ask at the time did I ?

thanks, and now I am awake it has become obvious - brake hoses can have a banjo bolt "eye"

Wondering if anyone has found a source for oil pressure from the front of the EA81 head as in the way EA82T are fed from the rear of the head so a banjo and some copper washers can be employed.