Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Curios

Hi folks. I've been away for a while, not sure what went on recently. Seems there's some changes. I haven't been able to find any of my old posts. One I was looking for in particular, was from maybe 2 and a half years ago. We had been working on an adptr. to install early Legy rear brakes on a GL with five lug conversion. Sticks in my mind maybe Shawn W was part of the project. I've searched some but haven't been able to find any mention of it. Thanks all. Steve.

Are you looking for bigger or just to move the parking brake to the rear?

The Nissan caliper swap is the common and easy way to move the parking brake to the rear and then go bonkers on your favorite front STi version infinity JDM imported 9 piston calipers.

bigger rear EJ brakes is beyond me but I can’t think of anyone that’s done it and I don’t know if any adapters, I know someone that wants one right now so I don’t think they’re available.

Well, I did the five bolt conversion some years ago, and I'm running Nissan calipers in the rear that do allow a parking brake. The Legy SS turbo donor car I used for my 2.2 swap, had a new set of drilled and slotted alloy rotors and nice calipers. I have the front installed but would like to swap the rears. I've got a template one of the guys made up a few years ago, that with a machined hub spacer allows the Legy stuff to bolt rite up. That's why I was trying to find my old posts. Sticks in my mind it was Shawn W and Numchucks that had a thread goin. I think it can be done with just the centering hub spacer and redrilling a couple of holes in the backing plate. Wish I could dig the old thread up. Thanks. S..