Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where does this ground go?

I went out my mind when I took my EA82 Loyale apart!  No pictures, no notes...

Now I have no idea where this ground wire go.  Do I screw it to the intake manifold or to the engine block? 

Please help.

And while you are there where does the solenoid with the black connector go?  It is suppose to be a "purge control solenoid".

Thanks,

Sam

I went out my mind when I took my EA82 Loyale apart!  No pictures, no notes...

Now I have no idea where this ground wire go.  Do I screw it to the intake manifold or to the engine block? 

Please help.

And while you are there where does the solenoid with the black connector go?  It is suppose to be a "purge control solenoid".

Thanks,

Sam

Now with the picture...

post-12128-0-11385200-1515343826_thumb.jpg

If it's a ground wire over near the thermostat, the is a short bolt on the intake manifold casting, over by the thermostat for the ring terminal. The purge solenoid is also right near the thermostat. It's part of the evaporative emmisions control system.

• Like 1

If it's a ground wire over near the thermostat, the is a short bolt on the intake manifold casting, over by the thermostat for the ring terminal. The purge solenoid is also right near the thermostat. It's part of the evaporative emmisions control system.

Agreed. Ring terminal goes on the short passenger side intake bolt with 12 mm head. That is the main engine harness ground.

Thanks Dave.

And the EGR solenoid is right above it?

10mm head bolt or 12mm?

I believe a bolt on the intake manifold has a 12 mm head where this ground eyelet will go.

A bolt with the 10  mm head hold the bracket on on the block.  I think it only holds the bracket and nothing else.

Sam

ground it to the block, and for good measure ensure you have two decent block to body earth cables. Most EA will have a gearbox to spare wheel carrier body connection and a fatter engine block to body cable. EA81 have main earth cable battery to block. EA82 earth cable fatty goes to bracket at starter motor. Do something like this and ground all grounds to engine block and you wil be fine.