Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New clutch

As in how much weight to remove ?

Roughly, for every 1kg (2.2lbs) you remove from the flywheel will give the same effect as removing 40kg from the car when taking off from a standing start.

Removing any more than 2kg will make it a bitch to get off the line from reduced flywheel effect.

Cheers.

As in how much weight to remove ?

Roughly, for every 1kg (2.2lbs) you remove from the flywheel will give the same effect as removing 40kg from the car when taking off from a standing start.

Removing any more than 2kg will make it a bitch to get off the line from reduced flywheel effect.

Cheers.

Thanks for the response, I just had never replaced a clutch and had no clue on what I'm doing. I pulled the engine last night.. Got that step out of the way.. But I need to get the flywheel resurfaced this week and I will be putting it back together next weekend.

All I could find on here was for ej conversion diameters. I got an excedy 15008 clutch, so is it no more then .03 off the flywheel at the machine shop?

All that is necessary is to clean up  the face of the flywheel in resurfacing it,  to take out score marks etc,  so that the new clutch takes up smoothly on engagement.

If the flywheel isn't refaced / resurfaced,  there is a good chance that the new clutch will chatter / shudder on engagement.

Edited by subnz