Ultimate Subaru Message Board

which radiator?

Hi, I have an 88 DL wagon that needs a new radiator. Can anyone tell me the difference between a one row ,and two row. There are different radiator options and I am not sure which one I need. Thanks

Two row radiators have can basically be considered "double capacity" - I have a two row, turbo radiator on my Loyale, and I'll be damned if I can ever get the temperature to rise beyond 3/8 up the gauge on the hottest day.

My vote is for using the stock thermostat to maintain engine efficiency, but get the best radiator that you can and that will fit.

Is there a way to tell which one you have?

It's kinda tough if you can't set them side by side to compare. Looking down from the top of the radiator, where the core meets the end-tanks, you will see either a whole lot of end tank exposed (single core), or not quite as much (dual core).

As far as a turbo vs. non turbo radiator, I think the lower hose fitting is at a different angle slightly on the turbo model vs. the non-turbo.

I'm sure someone can give you a cleared depiction though.