Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEW 6/26: Sign-up for reports on the ongoing development of SUBIESPORT magazine. We'll let you know when we'll need cars submitted to be profiled, put out a call for writers and photographers, announce when you can sign up for a charter subscription, etc. Please tell everyone even mildly interested in seeing a Subaru-specific magazine to sign up!

http://www.drivingsports.com/subiesport/

[Note: this same thread topic has been running in the 'Older Generation' forum already. It was suggested that I also post into this forum. Please reply to only one of the threads. I'll be monitoring them both.]

My company is exploring the possibility of publishing a Subaru-specific magazine. I didn't see a 'general' forum, so decided to post in here. Please move if necessary. Currently, we're evaluating the following format for the magazine:

a) 64+ pages

B) Glossy stock, color printing throughout

c) bi-monthly (6 issues/year)

We'd appreciate feedback from Ultimate Subaru members on content, design, the name, and anything else you can think of.

ss.sample3.gif

Please note that *nothing* is finalized on this yet. Not the name (though we do own the URL), not the design. Final product could look completely different...or almost identical. This is for informational purposes only.

Your feedback (or lack of feedback) will help set the direction we take on this. I'll check in on this thread often.

Ryan Douthit, Director

Midnight Cafe Media

Publisher of Driving Sports Magazine

http://www.drivingsports.com

How about an EJ20G into an 87 RX 3dr? I did that, also just finished installing a 96 JDM WRX engine into a 96 USDM Impreza.

I can tell you could be handy...especially considering you're only about 10 miles away from our office. :cool: (We're in Kirkland)

-R

Yeah it looks like a nice idea. I like the ideas of having lots of articles on engine swaps, tuning info, performance upgrades, etc.

I don't think there needs to be a lot on reviews of new subarus. I mean each new model could get a small article but we have tons of other magazines to hear that from, car&driver, motortrend, road&track, etc... I think the content of a subaru only mag should be what those others don't really cover, going into greater detail or more technical aspects. Instead of just reviewing the car and saying the same thing 100 other mags say, you should maybe do an article on how the awd system works in detail, or how subaru engineered the platform, or how the engine works and was designed. You know, origional articles.

And if you show "custom" installs that people have done to their subs don't just list all the stupid K&N filters and new pulleys, coilover shocks, low pro tires, free flow exhaust and then say it feels much faster. Any car that is in a magazine with performance mods should be TESTED! That is one thing about other mags that pisses me off. If it has 400hp how fast is it? Actuall numbers next too a stock setup. And show the tradeoffs and the prices of crap.

Looks like a nice idea I'd buy it if I saw it.

We've decided to take the next step.

A page is now posted so you can sign up to monitor the development of SUBIESPORT Magazine. Even if you're only moderately interested, please sign up so we can show potential advertisers the strong support we know is here!

http://www.drivingsports.com/subiesport/

This list will *only* be used for major updates (such as calls for modified Subarus to consider profiling in the mag, letting everyone know when subscriptions are available, etc.) and will not be sold or shared with advertisers.

Thanks,

Ryan Douthit, Publisher

Midnight Cafe Media, LLC

And if you show "custom" installs that people have done to their subs don't just list all the stupid K&N filters and new pulleys, coilover shocks, low pro tires, free flow exhaust and then say it feels much faster. Any car that is in a magazine with performance mods should be TESTED! That is one thing about other mags that pisses me off. If it has 400hp how fast is it? Actuall numbers next too a stock setup. And show the tradeoffs and the prices of crap.

Looks like a nice idea I'd buy it if I saw it.

I really aggre with that but how many people would let some one take there car and "test" it. I have a bad enouigh time letting my dad drive my SVX, ilet alone some one that would take it and do clutch drops to find the best 0-60 or 1/4.

I really aggre with that but how many people would let some one take there car and "test" it. I have a bad enouigh time letting my dad drive my SVX, ilet alone some one that would take it and do clutch drops to find the best 0-60 or 1/4.

Yeah I guess thats a good point, never thought of that. Hmmm I guess just Dyno test and maybe roadholding skidpad test then. A Dyno would be more then most of those dumb mags do anyways.

Ohh and I'm me who is Draco too btw.

An all Subaru magazine would be very interesting. I would only ask that it not focus on the overwhelmingly publicized WRX as those subarus are covered in many other magazines. Performance modifications for other subarus tutitorials for people who know what they are doing, rally information, and other stuff like that would make me happy. But thats just me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...