Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Back Home in Misery

Hey all-

Family is back home now. We had a decent trip to Oregon and the drive went very well both ways. On the way back we were delayed a day so I wasn't able to visit CCR or Mike but there's always the future!

Thanks to Jason and his wife Heather for letting us stay with them for a week, greatly appreciated Jason! Jason and I had the opportunity to head up to the subaru yard in Gaston and had a great time looking around. I found some original Jackman wheel caps I have never seen before, I'll post pics later when I figure out the photo page. I even had some time to go to my dad's and make some cool plaques for our garages. Man do I miss the woodshop sometimes.

Had an opportunity to visit with some others also including Mike, and Craig and of course Richie and his wife Lisa, who I meet for the first time.

Jason also let me use his wagon while I was in town so I had my soobie fix! And I must say it drove better than my brat. I spent the whole second week working on my house and enjoying the sun! It was beautiful, had a great time in the yard.

Hey John (Mudrat)-

Jason and I saw a white Gl wagon at fred meyers on 82nd with the offroad sticker in the window and it had a lift. It screamed "JOHN WORKED ON ME!" Any Idea who it was? we waited around to say hi but the owner didn't show they were inside shopping.

Any way, with the assistance of Richie, I am now back in business to complete the repair of both 78's and get them ready for the summer. My wife will be driving hers, but I have to teach her how to drive a stick.... (yes I have a spare clutch and tranny!!!)

Take care all and see you on the board!

Kurt