Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wanted EA-71 good engine

There’s two versions of the EA71. External water passage came first , naturally. Second version with internal water is typically called the “wide case”.

Not sure how hot you’ll be over this but I do have an extremely low mile first edition. I’ll be crying when I let it go , which is why it’s not cheap.

Send a message thru the board if interested. It’s in CT.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh , no 80’s stuff for me. Not interested in trades. There’s another older member here , I’m not sure is active here these days that managed to get a few new engines and transmissions from the Subaru folks in south NJ. He’s a cop , great guy , many of us have met and spent time with. That said , this is a 100% new block with rebuilt heads. There’s around 1100 miles on this engine.

You can email me at moosens at yahoo to discuss further. I understand if you’re young etc. but I’m older and know what I have and would rather tuck it away than let it go cheap.

Edited by moosens

Oh gosh , no 80’s stuff for me. Not interested in trades. There’s another older member here , I’m not sure is active here these days that managed to get a few new engines and transmissions from the Subaru folks in south NJ. He’s a cop , great guy , many of us have met and spent time with. That said , this is a 100% new block with rebuilt heads. There’s around 1100 miles on this engine.

You can email me at moosens at yahoo to discuss further. I understand if you’re young etc. but I’m older and know what I have and would rather tuck it away than let it go cheap.

Sell it Paul!

A note for you Mkiester, the EA81 and EA71 "Fat Case" are the essentially the same engine, but with different bores and strokes.

The only EA71 that will make a difference in your idea is the "slim case" or "first edition" EA71.

The easiest way to decipher which is which is that the "slim" has the starter bump directly on the top, the "fat" has the starter bump off to the side.

Twitch