Ultimate Subaru Message Board

When over miles on a lease, ...

How far did you go over mileage, and what's the over mileage penalty?

If you're not that far over mileage and don't wanna keep the car, just pay it.

Leasing another car generally won't expunge fines from car condition (mileage, damage, etc.) You may be able to negotiate... Good luck, though. 

I've had a lot of friends go through the wringer on leased cars, leasing agencies are usually pretty ruthless on over mileage and under condition.

How far over you went is the important thing, though. If you went so far over you owe them thousands of dollars, buying it is probably your best choice.

Can people still take late model cars to shops that can set the mileage back ? Or are the modern vehicles retaining “too much information” and therefore making it impossible to reset miles traveled ?

Are you talking about rolling the mileage back from 30k to 20k on a vehicle?

Hey just saying , they do things in Brooklyn and other places , that’s all. It was a common practice that I’m sure is getting more difficult. The same risks were at place back then too. But that didn’t stop people. I have nothing to worry about. Saved someone I know lots of money though.

Sorry to suggest criminal activity , just checking to see if folks still hear about it.

Hey just saying , they do things in Brooklyn and other places , that’s all. It was a common practice that I’m sure is getting more difficult. The same risks were at place back then too. But that didn’t stop people. I have nothing to worry about. Saved someone I know lots of money though.

Sorry to suggest criminal activity , just checking to see if folks still hear about it.

Lol that's been just as illegal almost since they started putting odometers in.

To the OP, the only place to get a definitive answer is to ask the people you're leasing from. Don't worry, they won't charge you for asking.

Edited by kamesama980

• 1 year later...

Hi there, dear friend. As far as I am concerned, the only way to avoid the penalty is to purchase the car. I am sorry, but that's it. I really understand you, because I have recently taken a loan too, in order to buy a new car. I have found a really nice offer on https://foxycredit.com/se/kredit365-lan with a very small interest, but, that's pretty difficult to pay for it every month. It limits me, and I have some financial problems right now. I should have think twice before taking this loan, because it's very difficult to for it.

Edited by blackd11

On 2/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, moosens said:

apparently still a thing if you "know a guy"

LINK