Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm new to this forum and am interested in WRX but Like much of what Subaru has had to offer.  I had a wagon back in the 80's that was a great fun car.  

My question here is what is shared between the Subaru family?  Most cars share parts or pcs to save costs so I would not be surprised if (for example) the rear subframe on an Outback would be the same as a Legacy or a WRX.  Perhaps some modifications but in general the same basic unit.

In this case I am talking about the AWD vehicles.

Is there a site, such as RealOEM for BMW) that helps one find shared parts?

• Like 1

There are many similarities across many subarus and interchange is common but highly variable. Sometimes interchange is direct, sometimes requires additional work, sometimes requires other parts, sometimes there are additional notes or artifacts of a swap okay with some people but not others.

Too many questions and variability to make a simple list.

As said it’s experience or google or ask.

Subaru while growing like mad has been a relatively dinky player in the automotive market. It won’t have the same scale driven offerings and support as others.

• Like 1

Depends what parts you're looking for and there are changes across years/body styles, but in general

90s legacy Impreza and forester share basically the exact same platform.

Legacy changed rear suspension in 2000.

Impreza and forester shared until around 09.

Beyond that I'm not as familiar but they're all somewhat similar.

although Impreza line-centric, there are threads like "what suspension parts fit my car" (or similar) at nasioc.com

Yeah, that’s the ticket ! Google whatever you’re looking for. There’s theeads dedicated to suspension, trans, engines, brakes, wheels, etc.

• Like 1

Can you give us an idea of what you’re looking to do? The general purpose of what you’d like to put together- track? Road ? Off road ? Weekend rally? Scare the neighbors ? ( my favorite )

And what body as your base?

Enjoy !!