Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What do we think?

nope, not my style, keep the vehicle stock, with the original radio and original seats, then ill be a buyer,

what annoys me on these really really nice offroaders is that they keep it sparkly clean, defeats the purpose entirely, its like putting 36" rims with almost no rubber on the wheels on an F-350. another decoration vehicle.

• Like 1

Super nice looking brat.

I gotta say though, I'm torn about the price.

Any "original" stock cleanness is gone with the lift, the bumpers, the hood scoop etc.....

But then it's still got an EA81?  If your gonna go custom go full custom and upgrade the drivetrain.

I think for that price it would either need to be super clean totally stock.  OR fully modified with at least EJ22 or even a EJ20G.

Basically its a lift, a set of swampers and a bunch of nice accessories.......not 15k worth of em though.  

PLUS, it's in Tennessee,  which means that a rust assessment would need done before determining any value.

I'd put the value around 7-9k tops.  

• Like 1

thats better :)

but 8k tops i would say for a pristine second gen brat like that.

Nah...

That thing is low miles, no rust and clean a heck.

I think 10k is a totally fair price.  

There aren't many original, rust free, complete, low miles Brats out there.  Really not many at all.

The guy could ask more if you want my opinion.

• Like 1

He could ask more, but he isn't getting what he's asking now, so what does that say?

I agree, a build like that shouldn't stop at the engine.  All show, no, well, anything...

I meant the white, stock Brat in the second link could go for 10k or more.

The black lifted one in the first link I say tops out at around 8k unless it gets engine upgrade too.  And that's conditional to rust inspection on a Tennessee car.

• Like 1

Completely original and clean vehicles should always and can bring the highest prices.

As soon as they are modified from original  (including repowering with larger later engines)  the price should come down accordingly.

You only have to look at the original unmodified   American classic car values  market as an example.

Edited by subnz
  • Like 2