Yesterday I took the manifold, carburetor, and accessories of the engine of my Coupe. I know the engine has been replaced at some point years ago but I'm not sure what the donor vehicle was exactly. To my dismay, I discovered that it has the single barrrel C-W factory carb and after baking in the desert for 11 years with fuel in it, I'm sure it needs rebuilt. Yuck. My goal this afternoon was to remove the engine completely as I wanted to give it a good look over and the spark plugs I pulled out the other night didn't look pretty, covered in white crystals and rusty.
Now heres the funny part to this story, because there is one. I'm currently in limbo in the middle of a drawn out cross country move so where I am now, the only tools I have is whatever fits in a portable 3 drawer tool box and a breaker bar. And it will be this way for another 2.5 months. So having realized I have no cherrypicker with me, I took the engine apart piece by piece all the way down to the short block, then got some help lifting that whole assembly over the front of the car and onto some cardboard. The pictures attached show the engine pieces and honest to goodness the only tools I used on this whole job. The valve springs were a bit rusty and there is a bunch of sludge in the valvetrain area, but the bores look pretty good, so I'm hoping this shouldn't be too difficult. More to come shortly.