Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

dl wagon hatch question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:25 PM

ok we all know that dl are stripped down , my question is there a way to put power lock unlock on it like the gl's ??? or do you have to put power front locks in , which i am going to ?

#2 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:09 AM

if I'm understanding you right, you want to put the GL power locking mechanisms for the doors and the hatch into a DL? I believe its a direct bolt in but I'm not totally positive that the wiring harness is there. Might want a few more opinions:D

#3 Scoobywagon

Scoobywagon

Evil Genius (tm) for Hire

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Bremerton-like

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:58 AM

the wiring harness is really nothing. You could transplant an actuator from a GL or you could simply buy a new one from your local car stereo shop. They are farily cheap and it is really just a two-wire setup. On - push, Off- retract. Simple.

#4 aba4430

aba4430

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Royston, GA

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:08 AM

You can install power locks to a DL quite easily. For reference I put an Excaliber AL1000 alarm and power locks on my 87 Brat sometime in 1997. I used 3 relays and set it up for driver's select unlocking, i.e. push the alarm undo once and driver's side unlocks and push it again and the passenger side unlocks. For the Brat with 2 doors, this was unnecessary really, you may consider this for your DL.
Regards,
aba4430

#5 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:18 AM

ok, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users