Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 suspension is DONE finally (minus paint):D

Well yesterday, I finally got the driver side control arm welded up and bolted in. The wagon is back on 4 wheels and looks pretty nice. For the people who are just joining me, here is a basic run-down on what I have done to the '79 wagon.

First I stripped it of all of the EA71 front suspension except for the struts and the coils which I cut 3 of. Next I got a set of EA81 control arms, vented rotors, calipers, and hubs to go under it. I then made my own stabilizer bars since the EA81 stabilizer bars were too short to work. I weled them onto the control arms and bolted everything in and VOILA!!!

I have a new set of rotors and calipers to go on but I need to go pick them up. Now its time for a good cleaning and some paint. I also have a set of new ball joints to go on too. I am going to rebuild my steering rack here soon, put new tie rods and tie rod ends in it, clean the crossmember before I put my EA81TT in there. I also plan on doing some other stuff to the front end like new bushings but thats all going to be done in the 15 months in Wyoming.

Sorry no pics yet of it unless you look here. This is only the passenger side but it gives you the same idea:D

http://usmb.net/gallery/album211

Oh and about the EA81TT. Yes its going to be a twin turbo EA81 that I will start building here in about 2 months. I have the motor, wiring harness, ECU, fuel lines and the fuel pump for this project. They came out of a 1983 EA81T wagon. I am also dropping a d/r 4-speed manual behind it.