Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You're not the first to attempt this - a google search should easily dig up a how to list of instructions.

Either way, spool or weld, it's gearbox opening time, just the rear housing needs to come out to access the centre diff.

Cheers

Bennie

IM GONNA TRY ANF CONVERT THE CAR TO RREAR WHEEL DRIVE. I PUT REAR END IN, AND TOOK FRONT SHAFT OUT BUT CAR FEEL LIKE CLUTCH IS SLIPPING., LIKE NO TORQUE. HELP PLEASE I KNOW IM MISSING SOMTHING

Why are you YELLING?

You didn't say but you must have a manual transmission.

"put rear end in" - you sat in the car?  what does that mean?  

Manual trans - you can't do this without modifying the center diff as stated above.  The easy way to do it is to find a *failed* center diff since they fail from time to time and they fail to "locked" and they'll do exactly what you want - send power all the time to the front and rear, but since you don't have the front axle installed it'll just spin openly.

Yea sir got it shortened up perfect. Y’all are awsome! And yea chirp chirp for sure. Not sure about how that rear diff will hold up though. Kinda nervous. Any tips on what type of fluid to use? Or use a diff heavy duty diff?

Everything works great. Both tires are locked together spinning. Now about a driveshaft. I’d like to run a solid drive shaft. I have a 1998 forester ej25 na automatic in the scarab yard. Is that axle one piece? And will it work?