Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the forum, from so cal. I am looking into auto tech schools and was wondering what requirements there are to be a certified subaru technician. I am located in california and interested in UTI. Does Subaru have their own training program? I really want to work on Subarus, particularly new generation... please let me know or let me know where to find info... thanks justin

New to the forum, from so cal. I am looking into auto tech schools and was wondering what requirements there are to be a certified subaru technician. I am located in california and interested in UTI. Does Subaru have their own training program? I really want to work on Subarus, particularly new generation... please let me know or let me know where to find info... thanks justin

I'd recomend that you go to a dealership and ask what the requirements are to work there, and if they tell you that you need to be certified in Subaru, then ask where the most common place in the area is that their techs go to

not certified at all yet, out of high school... looking at going to uti or wyotech. kind of leaning toward uti since price isnt an issue and i live closer. then gona talk to some of the subaru techs and finding out where to train for subarus... does anyone know pros and cons of uti or wyotech? or the differences?