Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hood Protector for '04 Forester

I just bought an '04 Forester this weekend, and would like some opinions on the Acrylic Plastic Wrap-around Hood Protector sold at the dealers. It looks nice , but I was wondering if anyone has any input? Thanks! :-\

I have the factory unit installed on my 02 OBW. In my opinion, it really sets off the pearl white paint and taupe lower painted sections on the front of the car. It has stopped the stone rash on the front of the hood, and it has claimed more than its share of bugs. Does it cut back on the number of bugs that make it to the windshield? I don't know. It fits well, does not rattle or vibrate, and I like the looks of it. Yes, my next Subie will have one as well.

Thanks for the input! I like the looks too!

:)

I have the factory unit installed on my 02 OBW. In my opinion, it really sets off the pearl white paint and taupe lower painted sections on the front of the car. It has stopped the stone rash on the front of the hood, and it has claimed more than its share of bugs. Does it cut back on the number of bugs that make it to the windshield? I don't know. It fits well, does not rattle or vibrate, and I like the looks of it. Yes, my next Subie will have one as well.

I have a couple of them on my cars and they help with the rock chips but........

Stuff gets inbetween the plastic and the hood and then scratchs the hood.

All kinds of stuff collects in that little space......

You also have to make sure the little plastic bumps that keep the plastic from touching the hood don't get lost....thus allowing the plastic to scrape the hood.

I just took one off my Camry as it continually made problems for my hood. Not sure if I'm going to reinstall it or not.....

They're not as great as you may think??????

My .02

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

we've sold tons of them.

very very popular item

click here to view<---

they come with little protectors you install onto the hood to stop scratching/scuffing from the deflector.... all hardware and instructions are included in the kit.

i had one on my GT for a short time (then swapped to the hood 1/2 bra) - worked well and looked nice.... definately helped with rock chips.

good luck

Jamie