Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cobb Air Intake on XT6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:54 AM

It's not necessarily a Cobb air intake but it's the same PRM air filter that the Cobb intake uses. I'm pretty happy it came together. If you are interested in doing the same, I used two PVC pipes, Nissan maf adapter and some 2.5" cut up silicon hose connectors. You'll have to drill a hole and maybe weld to make the vacuum fitting for the IAC (I think that's what it is) and PCV valve.

Posted Image

#2 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:04 PM

Updated! Bends are now 2.5" and 3" stainless steel instead of 2" internal diameter Home Depot PVC piping.

Posted Image

#3 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

Coolness. How does it run with that setup?

#4 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

Coolness. How does it run with that setup?

Totally different in a good way. I lost a lot of low end with the deltacams (around 10lbs/ft of torque). It seemed to have brought back all the low end that I losts with the cams and 3" JC Sports intake. Now it's a steady pull all the way up to redline. It's so continuous and non-dramatic, I'm not sure if there is a gain up top. Before it was slow then started to move around 3500rpm. Now, it starts moving as soon as I hit the gas pedal. I need to get it to the dyno.

I was headed to the track this past Friday but smoke was coming from my driver's side wheel well. I need to address my brake caliper locking up situation. Once I get this taken care of, I'll head to the track and dyno. If things seem positive, I'll post up and recommend this setup to anyone that can get it. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users