Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cobb Air Intake on XT6

It's not necessarily a Cobb air intake but it's the same PRM air filter that the Cobb intake uses. I'm pretty happy it came together. If you are interested in doing the same, I used two PVC pipes, Nissan maf adapter and some 2.5" cut up silicon hose connectors. You'll have to drill a hole and maybe weld to make the vacuum fitting for the IAC (I think that's what it is) and PCV valve.

mini-cobb1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Coolness. How does it run with that setup?
Totally different in a good way. I lost a lot of low end with the deltacams (around 10lbs/ft of torque). It seemed to have brought back all the low end that I losts with the cams and 3" JC Sports intake. Now it's a steady pull all the way up to redline. It's so continuous and non-dramatic, I'm not sure if there is a gain up top. Before it was slow then started to move around 3500rpm. Now, it starts moving as soon as I hit the gas pedal. I need to get it to the dyno.

I was headed to the track this past Friday but smoke was coming from my driver's side wheel well. I need to address my brake caliper locking up situation. Once I get this taken care of, I'll head to the track and dyno. If things seem positive, I'll post up and recommend this setup to anyone that can get it. :D