Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will dual port 1400 heads bolt onto a EA71?

So I was at the pick and pull yesterday, and stared at a ~75 coupe with the 1400 engine with the dual port heads for awhile... (actually took the intake manifold/carborator of of it) and even checked the bolt pattern versus the EA71, and from what I could tell it looks like they would bolt up.

Has anyone tried this?

No is the answer.The 1400 heads have the exhaust valves on the outer edge and the ea71 is in the center of the head as the exhaust is at the bottom ,you would have to change cams and I dont think that will work.I have a 1972 GSR coupe and I am interested was the coupe you got the motor from in good condition and where is it now.

Naw, just keep the cam & stuff, just try turning the motor over backwards...:brow: who knows, it might even run... its almost tempting to try...

No is the answer.The 1400 heads have the exhaust valves on the outer edge and the ea71 is in the center of the head as the exhaust is at the bottom ,you would have to change cams and I dont think that will work.I have a 1972 GSR coupe and I am interested was the coupe you got the motor from in good condition and where is it now.

Its in nevada. Good info btw.

Boy do I feel stupid.omg=oh my god ,fyi =for your info ,i'm lmho=?

I think I will just keep to words .Hope you had a good laugh at my stupidity.

regards Kevin

omg that's so funny. i'm lmho. fyi, btw means "by the way"

Yeh I love Subarus and words I can understand.A small list of Subarus in my family starting in 1972.no1 DL1400 ,no2 DL1400 ,no3 DL1400 ,no4 GFTcoupe

no5 DL1600 ,no7 DL1600 ,no8 GL1800 Leone .Those were my fathers ,now mine.

no10 1800 leone wagon ,no11 1994 legacy .no12 brat ,no13 1972 GSR coupe

no14 1974 gsr coupe ,no15 1975 DL1400.We currently still own from no11 onwards.So you could say I like Subarus.

Regards Kevin.

i hate all that crap. ttyl brb afk rofl omg

i like words myself

Boy do I feel stupid.omg=oh my god ,fyi =for your info ,i'm lmho=?

I think I will just keep to words .Hope you had a good laugh at my stupidity.

regards Kevin

<OT = Off Topic> lmho = Laughing My (Insert Random Body Part Here) Off. Don't worry 'bout the stupidity, since we've all been there. Nobody's born with the knowledge. </OT>

I prefer the words myself, too... along with smilies. Lots of smilies. :drunk: Nothing else conveys emotions like smilies do.

Anyway, I don't have any idea whether 1400 heads bolt onto a EA71... <helpless shrug>

I figuered out lmho after awhile.What is the model loyale as it didnt come to New Zealand.Is it the same as a Legacy or the earlier model we had called Leone or omega which was produced from 86 to 89.

Thanks Kevin.

<OT = Off Topic> lmho = Laughing My (Insert Random Body Part Here) Off. Don't worry 'bout the stupidity, since we've all been there. Nobody's born with the knowledge. </OT>

I prefer the words myself, too... along with smilies. Lots of smilies. :drunk: Nothing else conveys emotions like smilies do.

Anyway, I don't have any idea whether 1400 heads bolt onto a EA71... <helpless shrug>

Same as the Leone

We got carb'd up to '87-when the used up the carbs as well-(transition year).

That is unless you got a turbo model,then they were MPFI.

Best D/R 5spds are the late 80's here.I think my local guru said the early D/R's are better than the later ones for some reason I can't remember right now.Nothing wrong with any of them as far as I'm concerned.My '89 has over 235K(miles) and runs like a champ.

That body style ran up to '94 even though we also had the Legacy,and later,the Impreza in '93....so the Leone(Loyale) was them a very basic car so it would take care of the low end of Subaru's line,and allow the new models to be more accepted.