Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS6 CARAVAN? LA to Hood River

No walkie Talkies, but I have a CB I plan on taking along. Not sure what time i'll be leaving. Was thinking of leaving Thursday night, sleeping in Klamath Falls overnight, and that way we can meet with the NV Crowd bright and early Friday morning.

-Brian

The more I think about that, the better it sounds..sort of the same way we did for WCSS 3. That way we'd be rolling into the show around noon or so, and give us a chance to scope out the joint for a good campsite and get settled.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm still going to be leaving Friday morning early. I have to work Thursday night until 9pm. So what day are you leaving Dave and JB? We can meet brian and others in Klamath.... so what time would I have to leave Reno to make it to Klamath in a time that meets your guys schedule? Meeting up may be more of a pain then its really worth. We will all see each other in hood river anyway. I dunno?

BRIAN--

Google search yielded Klamath Falls Campground. I will call them and get info on rates and location. That's a possibility. I would crash in car but I have three people in my car.

BW

I know there is a Taco Bell in Kalamath Falls which is right in the middle of it on your way through it. I'm going from memory but I was through there in April and we stopped at Taco Bell for food. That might be a good place for you guys to meet up:D I can see what places there are down there that are easy to find that y'all can meet up. Just tryin to help ya guys out!!

S'ko, thusday will work for me no prob. as far as your question to brian, I just have to say, we are in subarus... sleeping in the back at rest stops is what its all about! :headbang:

Cool.. looks like this is coming together nicely.

Ren-man: Is leaving on Thursday good for you?

Subaru Junkie: Are you planning to sleep in your car or in a motel?

LOL, im sure there's a Motel8 or something in Klammath Falls. If you guys leave NV at like 7am, that should give us enough time to sleep in and meet up in Klammath Falls by Noon. That way you wont need to worry about sleeping Dave.

At Hood River, are you planning on sleeping in a Motel, or are we gonna do it WCSS3 style under the stars :)

-Brian

Yeah Brian, I have no prob with camping at the show, but a good bed and shower along the way sure was/is nice (like we did for WCSS3).

JB and Jeremy, are you getting much smoke from the Carson City fire? It's million dollar homes you're smelling:( .

Just looked at the map again and noticed it'll be a 2 day trip for both groups. Hrm... changes plans alittle.

s'ko... when do you think you'd be aproaching the sacramento area? And Mike... you need to get online and msg me :) If you guys can make it to Sacramento by thursday night, you guys can get a good nights sleep in Sac. and then we all could leave sac Friday morning.

If the NV Group leaves around the same time we do, we should both be in Klammath Falls late afternoon Friday and be able to meet up. From there we could finish the day of driving and end in Bend. Oregon where we could sleep.

Then bright and early Saturday, catch up with any crowd that might be at Bend, and head to the show. If we leave bend at 7am, we should roll into the show at aprox 10am... just in time :)

-Brian

I think we can make the trip in one day. At least from Reno to Hood River. Back in the day I would leave Reno at 5am and arrive in Portland around 3pm. But that was driving I-5 from Shasta. But I don't mind if we make it a 2 day trip. How’s the rest stop situation for the way we are going? More restrooms the better. My wife hates long drives so to split it up would work. A hotel would work. But then it's under the stars when we get to wcss.

Dave the smoke makes its way to Reno, but up here in Cold Springs it's clear as a bell. As for the homes that are burning... it's a real shame. I hope the kids that lit the fire get there fair justice. :mad: It's quite sad to see peoples homes being burned to the ground and beautiful country side being torched because of some kids ignorance. ARRRGGHHH! :dead:

when you guys come up, are you going to come up 395 to I think it;'s 97 that goes through K Falls, and then are you going to cut over on OR-58 to I-5, and come up I-5 to portland to I-84, adn take that to Hood River or are you going to go all the way up 97 to I84 in The Dalles and head east to Hood River? Let me know so I know whether to meet you guys by the freeway in Albany or meet somewhere in Bend along 97 (Bend is about 100 miles east of me). I'll have my truck if I don't get my turbowagon back on the road in time (But I will probably trailer it up there if that is the case so I can still show it off), and Russ will most likely have his Brat. PM me or post on here when you guys figure out what route you are taking. I don';t know bend very well but I do know a good place to meet here in Albany (where we met for WCSS3) and I think it'd be a lot cooler to have a parade of Subies rolling up I-5 than a parade of soobs rolling up US-97...

Nope Brian, didn't see any maps, so I suppose I could meet up with you guys in Bend. Maybe the Eugene guys and anyone else who'll be coming up I 5, wants to meet up wiht me in Albany, and then we can head over on US-20 to Bend and meet up wiht the rest of you guys?

Sub Junkie- Plan to leave Thurs at noon. Cruise up to Sacramento by Thursday late afternoon. I am ok w/spending Thur night at Sacramento or Klamath Falls. It's all good.

That might make it easier on the BRAT. Right now fuel costs is the biggest factor that I need to consider.

BTW what's gas cost up there in Sacramento and Oregon? I am at 2.15-2.30 per gallon.

BW

Regular Unleaded is between $2.07-$2.30 depending on if its AM/PM or Cheveron, etc... In a month, it could be +/- $0.50 easily.

It'd probably be best to stay in Sac thursday night and then we all could drive to K.Falls/Bend on Friday. If we drove to K.Falls on thursday night and stayed there, we'd have to kill alot of time before the NV crew caught up with us. This way, everyone should be ariving on schedule.

Andrew, look on page 2, i have a few maps i came up with. It describes the routes we're all thinking of taking.

-Brian

Brian that sounds good. We can all leave on Friday and meet up in K-falls. Looks like it will take both groups about 5 hours to reach K-falls. Now we need a meeting place. Someone mentioned a Taco Bell or something? For us NV group I vote on meeting at my house on the day we leave. It's farthest north and it's on the way. I think most of you know where I live.

Good point Dave.. What models are we all taking? As of now I'll be in my 91 Legacy wagon (if my head gasket change goes as planed) and my friend Scott will be driving his 84 Wagon.... I don't have a CB but I do have those 2 way radios to keep in touch.