Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Thunder Road RWYB: GL-10 turbo tires?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Flakrabbit

Flakrabbit

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Strafford

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:09 AM

If you guys were watching ESPN last week, you probably saw my buddy roll his Camry at Thunder Roads (here in New England) race tracks "Run What You Brung" races. These are one on one, single elimination races.

Now I've got the bug.

I have a 1988 GL-10 turbo AWD. The clutch is shot, front calipers are shot, rear end needs welding...but I think I can get her ready for the last race in July.

So...what are the best competition tires I can put on for paved track racing?

Any other mods you can think of, suggestions?

Anyone got a cheapo clutch kit, front calipers?

I'm gonna get to work after I get the Brat away from dry dock (today, brake lines, rear shock mount, welding the frame and floor) and finish the GL (oil pump, t-belts)...

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:08 PM

ok.. first off, I have a question. You mention that the car is AWD
I assume its a FT4WD car. If its a stick, most of theFT4WD 5 speedscame with LSDs. If thats the case, please don't do any welding on it. If you want one to weld up and have it completely locked, I will get you one if you send me the LSD.

Beyond that, sounds like a blast!

EDIT: I have a set of calipers if no one closer to you has any

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users