Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who owned the powder blue '78 Brat?

Looking for the past owner of a powder blue '78 Brat which is now in the Lynnwood Pull a Part. Has a canopy and a rectangular white board with the number 50 on it. It was lifted and I suspect someone knows who might have owned it before....maybe Jason? Lots of parts in the back bed as well as an open 3.900 rear diff. Tailgate is pretty good for one that age although it'll be a trick to get it off. Other than that, it looked pretty rough. I pulled the diff that was on it; it's either an LSD:) or a welded rear. In either case, it's saved from the crusher.

Jason designed, built, and installed the 4-5 inch lift in one weekend. Including a d/r tranny swap. That thing did well, but he really has a heavy foot and upper 311 is about as gnarly as trails get at EC. He did break a lot of axles, but the lift held together, but I think the rear suspension punched thru wheel wells. He drove it 75 miles+ home from there with straps holding it all in place. Jason was the original Miles Fox. ;)

He lost interest and began to build his 99 forerunner. It's something else these days, pretty huge. He lives in Forks, WA now.