Ultimate Subaru Message Board

USMB Decals PLUS lots of other decals.... (pending order list at end of thread)

The Gen1 I will have available will just be the word "Brat" like the Gen2 ones I have. no stripes.

Ed Dahl has done an awesome job of replicating the OEM stripes for the Original Brat look. I have bought 3 sets from him. They are a great deal for the price.

I will not be making any full length OEM Brat decals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
A sports wagon is the name given to Australian L series wagons, there are also Touring wagons which have the raised rear roof.

Does anybody know how to remove the old stickers?

I have never used paypal so i will have to look into it

Thanks

if you can get me a pic and dimensions of the original decals I can recreate them. I do have the 4WD kind that has split letters (lines through them) like these:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/Literature/brochures/1982-uk-2.jpg

these are the sportswagon and 4wd decals on my car but i have seen many variants of the sportswagon ones.

If you can find one just post it back on this thread or something :cool:

I cant realy see the photo from the link u gave me very well but i assume you mean that the top of the decal is broken up by horozontal lines

Thanks

(BTW. i dont mean to be a P in the A, but what do I do with the old Decals on my car, how do I remove them????)

post-6651-136027596971_thumb.jpg

post-6651-136027596978_thumb.jpg

these are the sportswagon and 4wd decals on my car but i have seen many variants of the sportswagon ones.

If you can find one just post it back on this thread or something :cool:

I cant realy see the photo from the link u gave me very well but i assume you mean that the top of the decal is broken up by horozontal lines

Thanks

(BTW. i dont mean to be a P in the A, but what do I do with the old Decals on my car, how do I remove them????)

those would take quite a while to replicate, and be difficult in 2 color...

to remove the old ones, I use a 3M product called a stripe remover. it a big eraser looking wheel on a bit you put in a drill. you basically rub/heat the decal off into tiny pieces. and it doesn't damage the paint. takes a long time though.... (well, it did on my Brat :) as it's meant for pin stripes)

it wouldnt need to be copied exactly, a black one would be fine, it only needs to imply that it is a sports wagon (there are many differnt designs for this decal, it depends on the year)

ahhh. not a problem then.... next week, I will come up with a few designs and get back to you.....

• 2 months later...
Okay, here's the updated Decals Page. Happy Ordering.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/mick/decals/decals.html

Decals will start shipping approx after the 27th of July.

email me ( thebratguy@hotmail.com ) , PM, or respond to this thread with your order information.

I will be posting an Order status similar to what I did with the shirts.

i'd like to order one usmb decal in white,will paypal u the money.how much for shirts(if your still doin them?)

Mick,

Since you are the sticker guy, you may be interested in an item I found last week. While at the JY I checked the glovebox of an 86 fwd Gl 4 door. Inside I found an unused "Air Conditioned by Subaru" circular sticker in mint cond. The one that has a front grill shot of an EA82 with sun and snowflakes in the background. It sticks to the inside of the glass. Is this a rare piece? Is there a market out there for a reproduction? If so, I would be willing to lend it out to you so you could reproduce it for the folks who may want or need one. If interested PM me and we'll talk

Jim

work in progress.....

did I get exact dimensions from you Rob?

my computer is finally back totally....

this weekend, I will try to get caught back up with the decals...

Snowman

subie94

vanislru (you still need to answer my PM on the exact dimensions you wanted)

also working on putting together RX and XT6 sets.....

• 1 year later...