Ultimate Subaru Message Board

slip-yoke or cv angle???

Guest bushbasher

Guest bushbasher

In the front, what problem do you run into first when increasing suspension travel? What about in the rear? I need this info to factor into my plans and ideas. I can cut up and make hybrid axles, and I'm thinking that cv's out of an IFS 4x4 truck may be able to take better angles, and be stronger than ours. Also, I heard somewhere that datsun irs halfshafts have slip-yokes in them, is this true?

Guest Toyofast

I know that Downey has slip-yoke front shafts for IFS'ed Toyota's.... also very $$$

Also if your really serious about finding or making/building some slip-yoke type CV shafts you might want to give Jesse at High Angle a call, www.highangledriveline.com/ Yeah he's more from the 4x'in/Pirate world BUT he knows his shiet and might be able to help you out.

Guest uhohru

What about a honda CR-V CV axle..

they look a couple inches longer, and would probably accomidate the CV angle change with a suspension lift. You would probably have to use a CR-V's suspension as well as far as swing arms and struts?

Just an idea..

Guest bushbasher

Yea those rear halfshafts on cr-vs/rav 4s/ford escapes seem to run at a good angle even on level ground. Maybe a geo tracker would be a good choice, they are a bit easier to find at yards, in fact I think I know of a yard with one in it. Hmm, It's about time for another trip to the yards. Anybody have any ideas about sources of slip yokes? Thanks for your ideas guys